Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

50 Randoms

Without Blatant Theft I'd Have No Blog At All!!

2nd Time in 2 weeks I've snoggled something from Sheila's site! I really really need to come up with some original thought before my brain jellificates completely.

What curse word do you use the most?
Goddammit!

Do you own an iPod?
Yes.

Who on your MySpace "Top 8" do you talk to the most?
Do I look like a teenager?

What time is your alarm clock set for?
6:10 am

What color is your room?
It's this horrible peachy-apricot color. I need to repaint it, but am too gotdam lazy to move all the furniture out.

Flip flops or sneakers?
Neither. Topsiders, mostly.

Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take the picture.

What was the last movie you watched?
Confidence

Do any of your friends have children?
Just about all of them, either by home-brewing or via corporate mergers.

Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Constantly.

Do you ever take medication to help you fall asleep faster?
Every so often I'll have a shot of rum before bed.

What CD is currently in your CD player?
Jimmy Buffett compilation CD

Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
I pretty much quit drinking milk 5 or 6 years ago. Just lost my taste for it.

Has anyone told you a secret this week?
No.

Have you ever given someone a hickey?
Not since high school.

Who was the last person to call you?
Zibig with the latest update.

Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I doubt I fly high enough on anyone's radar to merit gossip.

Did you watch cartoons as a child?
When you find yourself in danger,
When you're threatened by a stranger,
When it looks like you will take a lickin',
(puk, puk, puk, puk!!)
There is someone waiting,
Who will hurry up and rescue you,
just Call... for Super Chicken!!!
Bu-Gaawwwk!!

How many siblings do you have?
1

Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Yeah, a bit.

What movie do you know every line to?
Blues Brothers
Star Wars
Raiders Of The Lost Ark

Do you own any band t-shirts?
Quite a few. They're all in storage now.

What is your favorite salad dressing?
Creamy Italian

Do you read for fun?
Constantly.

Do you cry a lot?
Only when tortured by Cossacks.

Who was the last person to text message you?
Zibig

Do you have a desktop computer or a laptop?
Desktop

Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Yeah, I'd like some more ink.

What is the weather like?
Pouring down buckets.

Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Yeah, probably.

Is sex before marriage wrong?
Nope. 'Try it before you buy it' is just sound fiscal policy.

When was the last time you slept on the floor?
Two weeks ago.

How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
I can get by on 4, but 6 is better.

Are you in love or lust?
I'm a single guy, so lust is a constant companion. Love? Not so much, these days.

Are your days full and fast-paced?
No. Working for The Man is OK, but not fast-paced.

Do you pay attention to calories on the back of packages?
I do now.

How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
38

Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
I kin spel purty gud, and nevir my verb confooze tensis.

Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Not since high school.

Do you get along better with the same or opposite sex?
Both just about equally.

Do you like cottage cheese?
Mmmmm cottage cheese mixed with crushed pineapple!

Do you sleep on your side, tummy, or back?
All three.

Have you ever bid for something on eBay?
Quite often.

Do you enjoy giving hugs?
I've never really been a touchy-feely-huggy person. I'm fairly sizable, and I always feel that people get a bit weirded out when I move into their personal space. So, I tend to get hugs, rather than giving them.

What song did you last sing out loud?
'Roxanne' by The Police

What is your favorite TV show?
'Northern Exposure' still sits in the top spot.

Which celebrity, dead or alive, would you want to have lunch with?
Such a subtle difference between lunch and dinner! Lunch implies a more casual meeting, one where you can be more relaxed and chatty. I can't help thinking that haivng lunch with Errol Flynn in the '30s would be a great way to spend an afternoon.

Last time you had butterflies in your stomach?
Not for years.

What one thing do you wish you had?
Financial independence.

Favorite lyrics?
The Wino And I Know - Jimmy Buffett

The ice cream man he's a hillbilly fan
Got seventy-eights by Hank Snow
Walks down the street, shufflin' his feet
To a rhythm that only he knows

And I've seen him in so many places
I saw him the night I was born
In a Bourbon Street bar, I received my first scar
From an old man so tattered and torn

Chorus:
And the wino and I know the pain of street singin'
Like a door-to-door salesman knows the pains of bell ringin'
Strange situation, wild occupation
Livin' my life like a song

Coffee is strong at the Cafe Du Monde
Donuts are too hot to touch
Just like a fool, when those sweet goodies cool
I eat 'til I eat way too much

'Cause I'm livin' on things that excite me
Be they pastry or lobster or love
I'm just tryin' to get by bein' quiet and shy
In a world full of pushin' and shove

Chorus:
And the wino and I know the pain of back bustin'
Like the farmer knows the pain of his pickup truck rustin'
Strange situation, wild occupation
Livin' my life like a song

Sweet senorita won't you please come with me
Back to the island honey, back to the sea
Back to the only place that I want to be

Chorus:
And the wino and I know the joy of the ocean
Like a boy knows the joy of his milkshake in motion
Strange situation, wild occupation
Livin' my life like a song
Yes it's a strange situation, a wild occupation
Livin' my life like a song