Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bitch Stole My Fish Redux

Never Expected To Get This Email...

Remember this picture from several weeks ago?



Turns out there's a story behind it. Maybe. I could just be getting shined on, but I got this email last week, and I just had to share it.

From a person named Kristina:
From: truebluekris@XXXXX.XXX
Date: 4 Oct 2006 23:45:37 -0000
Subject: Bitch Stole My Fish
To: baboonpirates2 (AT) gmail (DOT) com

Hello there,
this is not a joke. I'll just start off that way. I just wanna let you know that this picture was taken by my uncle of two of his children (the black boy, named Sammy, is obviously adopted). He has pictures posted on the internet and I guess someone took this one and put the words "Bitch stole my fish" on it. I first saw this picture on someone's myspace page about 4 months ago and now it's everywhere. Anyhow, I just thought I'd let you know where this picture came from. And that my uncle hates what's happened to it, but the rest of the family thinks it's hilarious.

The end.

Kristina

I'd kind of like to believe it's legitimate. Sounds plausible, and she certainly didn't have to take the time to email me over a post that's from a long while back.