Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, October 16, 2006

Ionized Pussy

Experimenting On Cats: Ethics In Science, Vol. 56

Tonight's the 2nd half of Laundry Night. Last night was skivvies and outerwear, tonight is t-shirts, bedding and towels. Boy, I'm living a high-speed cosmopolitan life, lemme tell ya!

While waiting for the dryer to finish my sheets, I took the opportunity to expand Betsy Cat's horizons and give her a lesson in high voltage phenomena and electric glow discharge.

I know, it sounds like I wired her up to Victor Frankenstein's monster-charging apparatus. Nothing of the sort. I just plugged in the plasma globe I've had here on my desk (mostly gathering dust), and sat it down in front of her to see what she'd do.



The verdict? One sniff, then it was ignored completely. Cats have no sense of wonder...

Next up, we introduce her to the new Shower Massage showerhead. She's getting kind of raggedy and dusty from hiding under the beds. Methinks it's bath time. 'Scuse me while I go get some leather gauntlets, hockey mask and chainmail vest.