Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Five Things That Piss Me Off

Just A Small Scoop Off Of The Piss-Me-Off Pile

#1: "Men Of God"

I'm of the opinion that bad preachers are like bad cops, you don't see 'em all that often, but when you do, they do damage all out of proportion to their actual numbers.

Take this dumbass for example. Here's a smidgen:
Should teenagers and others in the Church express themselves to the world through blogs? Because of the obvious dangers; the clear biblical principles that apply; the fact that it gives one a voice; that it is almost always idle words; that teens often do not think before they do; that it is acting out of boredom; and it is filled with appearances of evil -- blogging is simply not to be done in the Church. It should be clear that it is unnecessary and in fact dangerous on many levels.

Let me emphasize that no one -- including adults -- should have a blog or personal website (unless it is for legitimate business purposes).
Boil down his screed, and it basically says "I don't like this, so you shouldn't do it. God says so!"

Go piss up a rope, Sparky. If God doesn't want me doing something, let him tell me, not you.

#2: Ignunt-Ass Pantywaists

Take a look at the 4th line of this graph from the local rag, the 10.71% group:



There's your proof that we're surrounded by stupid people. Dumbasses, all of 'em.

#3: Islam

Yeah, yeah... 5 Pillars of Faith, Religion of Peace, yadda yadda yadda. Balance that against "honor" killings, suicide bombings, beheadings, going apeshit at the drop of a keffiyeh, and general dumbassery worldwide, and you've got an effed up religion, Abdullah. Get your shit together, and we might start treating you like adults instead of spoiled two-year-olds.

#4: Rosie O'Donnell

Does anyone actually like this screechy-voiced harridan? Who keeps putting this pumpkin-headed dyke on TV?

#5: Diuretics

If I'd known that these were gonna make me pee 8 times a day, I'd have had a urinal installed in my office. As it is, the only saving grace is the bathroom across the hall. I nearly exploded waiting for some camper to get finished the other day, and severly regretted not getting a large potted plant put in my office for emergencies.

Of course, the fact that I'm addicted to 44 oz ice tea Super Gonzo Gulps from Sonic doesn't help matters any.