Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another Lazy Sunday

Might Be Time For Yet Another Nap

Not much happening today. The bathroom shower tile just got re-grouted, and I can't jump in and take a shower for at least 4 more hours in order to let it dry. As I desperately need a shower before appearing out in public, it's safe to stay I ain't going anywhere real quick.

Fortunately there's a mess of navy beans in the crockpot, along with the hambone from the Xmas ham, kept in the freezer for just this eventuality.

I just finished the book I was reading, though, and Half Price Books is calling me from afar. They close at 6pm, so maybe I could just douse myself in cologne like a Frenchman and go out anyway. I could pull an old hoodie out of the closet, and masquerade as an unwashed liberal. Nah, my truck'd smell like foo-foo water for weeks.

The complete collection of Louis L'Amour novels I keep on the shelf comes in handy at times like these. Always one needing to be re-read.

More blogging tomorrow, if I don't blow myself up with fireworks tonight.