Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

Carthago Delenda Est!

No Wonder Scipio Sowed Carthage's Fields With Salt...

Carthaginians are complete bastards!

Been playing a little Civilization II for old times sake. These are some cold-blooded mofos I'm fighting. Talk about your scorched earth policies...

OK, let's say I'm a South American country that's invading the USA. By some miracle of arms, I manage to squeak by your navy and achieve limited air superiority in the Gulf of Mexico. I get beat up pretty badly, but still manage to capture a medium-sized port city, one with good rail access and deep water facilities. Population in the 2,000,000 plus area, let's say similar to Tampa/St. Pete or New Orleans.

I airdrop a division of paratroops to secure the city, then float in 3 divisions of armor and artillery, and land a couple of air wings for fighter cover. Bear in mind the city's still full of your citizenry, and your peons are harassing me via guerrilla action constantly.

Would your first reaction be to drop a big mammajamma nuclear missile on the town?

Apparently the Carthaginians think so...



Well, no more Mr. Nice Guy, that's for damn sure... I foresee a major Carthaginian city or two full of crispy critters in the next turn or so. Those boomers parked up the coast aren't there to measure whale fart emissions...