Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Things I Need To Quit Doing, Vol. 347

The List Is Endless, Really...

OK, come with me now on a trip through the twists of time, back to the heady days of the late 1980's.

The scene, a crowded dorm room in an East Texas cow college... The scene on the TV in that dorm room, a really skanky p()rn flick being avidly watched by about 14 guys, each making a concerted effort to ignore the fact we're having a Friday night sausage party instead of being out chasing the wimmens.

I can't even remember the P()rn flick's title. It doesn't really matter. The actor, as I later found out, was a veteran hose-slinger named Jamie Gillis. Probably one of the sleaziest-looking dudes making the skin flix at the time. We're hooting and hollering and cheering on the action when the aforementioned Mr. Gillis pulls a funny face and says in this goofy, almost whiny voice "Oh yeah, baby". One of the participants watching the flick says aloud "Man, I think that guy just farted in her face..."

And so a meme was born...

All the rest of that semester, any time a fart was heard, smelt, dealt, or even referenced in Residence Hall 16, usually one of the 14 onlookers would be there to chime in with "Oh yeah, baby..."

Fast forward almost 20 years. Jeebus only knows where the other 13 guys have gone, but I still catch myself muttering "Oh yeah, baby" after letting a good one rip. It's not like I do it out in public, or even in front of anyone, but you'd think that some things would just cease of their own accord...


Stay tuned for Volumes 348-350 of Things I Need To Quit Doing, where we'll explain "Q For Bread", singing ZZ Top's 'Cheap Sunglasses' while chopping firewood, and "Yawm, baby! I'm da Gahbage Mastah!!"