Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Uphill Blogging

Where, Oh, Where Are You Tonight?

Blogposts are getting a bit thin on the ground, lately. Jeebus knows I'm having difficulties motivating myself to post daily, and it appears I'm far from being the only one.

Many bloggers on my list to the left have dropped their posting frequency by a noticeable amount. Not all, mind you. The blogmachines out there are still cranking 'em out at an impressive clip. Still, there does seem to be a drop off up and down the blogroll. A couple have even posted "Oh, what's the use, I might as well hang it up" messages, so I know I'm not alone in this case of increasing ennui.

So, is it just Seasonal affective Disorder? Maybe those New Years Resolutions are getting in the way of productive blogging?
I know various pundits have announced the Death of the Blog, but I'm not quite ready to go back to Usenet...

Where, oh, where are you tonight?
Why did you leave me here all alone?
I searched the whole blogworld,
In hopes of a new post;
You moved to MySpace, and--pffft! you was gone!