Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, February 23, 2007

I'm A Bad Brother

Another Dose Of Dye For The Black Sheep...

Well, compounding my sudden downturn in popularity after the ill-advised Goatse post, I'll now attempt to alienate my remaining readership.

My sister's getting married tomorrow in Buda, and I'm not going.

I got the message last night around 9 pm that this was going to occur, and Mom was a bit taken aback that I'm not willing to shitcan all my previously laid plans and drive 300 miles roundtrip for a 30 minute ceremony.

Sorry, sis. A little more lead time is required...

See, they're already married, at least according to Texas law. They did the deed in front of a Justice of the Peace a few years back. However, my BIL wants to be able to take Communion again, so he needs to quit living in sin and make it official in the eyes of the church.

I'm still not quite sure how they're getting this done with the church's blessing. The reason they didn't jump the broom in their local parish church originally was that my sister didn't want to convert. She still doesn't want to, but somehow this got the "Ominous Dominus" seal of approval.

Oh, well. It's probably for the best that I can't go. I'm pretty sure if I dipped my fingers in the holy water, it'd start to bubble and hiss, like in that Pacino movie.