Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Subway Serendipity

Well, Imagine Meeting YOU Here!

Jared turned me off of Subway.

Seriously. Every time I went in, it seemed everyone in there would hold their breath to see if this fat guy would be like Jared and order a 6" sub, hold the mayo and cheese, on my way to a brand new physique.

Heh. Fat chance. No pun intended.

Nope, I likes me a foot-long meatball on white, with plenty of onions, black olives and green peppers.

Anyway, I got tired of the spectacle I was making, however unintentionally, and pretty much quit going to Subway. Until my driver's side window on the truck quit going up & down last month. This, my friends, makes going through a drive-through pretty much an impossibility.

So, I've been getting out of the truck and walking into places for my daily caloric intake process. In addition to burning an additional 3000 calories climbing in and out of that tall-ass truck, I now choose more go-in-and-sit-down places, as opposed to the usual dead-cow-on-a-bun-shoved-through-a-window places.

The nearest Subway to my shack is right next to the Blockbuster, and it's always such a PITA to park there that I've still kept it off my list of places to go. Still, after driving by one packed place after another, I finally felt the need for a meatball sub. I braved the hordes of teenyboppers surging in and out of Blockbuster, found a parking spot and went in for my sub.

Imagine my surprise when the man standing in line in front of me turned out to be my father! Mom was there too, parked in a booth. They'd been out running errands, and apparently had felt the need for a tuna melt and a turkey & cheese, respectively. How we managed to choose the same Subway at the same time out of the several in NW Houston was just a roll of the dice.

So, rather than the usual dash back to the house to eat dinner in front of my square-headed girlfriend, I got to have a sitdown dinner with my parents, the first time since Xmas.

So, if you feel that urge for a meatball sub or cold cut combo, better pull on in. You never know who might be waiting for you!