Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Federal Fun & Games

How To F#&% Up A Perfectly Good Tuesday

There are times where you get so wrapped up in the local issues that you can forget that The Man is really just a medium-sized fish in a semi-sizable pond. There are much bigger fish, and much larger ponds, each with their own flavor of fish poop.

Today I've spent most of the day go-fering for a minor functionary from one of the Feddie Departments of Scum & Villainy. My usual scope on these things is to give 'em only what they ask for, and never volunteer information. They can try fishing in my pond, but I ain't biting.

Other people around here are so addicted to the Political Process they can't seem to avoid the shameful displays of toadying and bootlicking that occur whenever someone with a whiff of power steps off the elevator.

This guy's just another low-level bureaucrat, in spite of the fancy Feddie business card. Not too bright, and not too organized, either. Oh, and Worst. Hairpiece. EVAR! If he had any real clout, he'd have an entourage of lackeys doing the paperwork excavation, rather than getting his own hands dirty. That's my position, anyway.

He's asked about what to do after hours, where Houstonians go for fun and excitement. I just wish I knew the name of a good tranny bar I could point this guy towards...