Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

It's Gonna Be A Girl!

Tio Capitan Prepares For A Niece!

I was prepared to wait until July to find out what flavor my sister's new kid was gonna be, but she got the word from the Doc, then she told Mom, who rapidly phoned everyone even remotely related to us.

Mom can't keep a secret at all... I even tried to get her to not say anything to me about the subject. The phone conversation went kinda like this...

Mom: "You're going to be an uncle again!!"

Me: "I know... I knew back at Xmas."

Mom: "She knows what she's going to have!"

Me: "Ah, the wonders of amniocentesis. Spoiling the surprise since 1956."

Mom: "Don't you want to know?"

Me: "No, I can wait."

Mom: "It's going to be a girl!!!"

Me: "Um, thanks for telling me after I said not to."

Mom: "Well, I thought you should know!"

Ah, well. It gives me more time to look for completely inappropriate baby gifts. Instead of the usual U.S. Savings Bonds, I think I'll look for a couple of bottles of the 2001 Chateau Latour Pauillac. It ought to be quite drinkable by the time her high school graduation party rolls around.

Oh, yeah... the kid's name is going to be Grace Ann. I'm so happy my sister didn't go with Bryttynye Madysyn or MyKaeLae DypShytt or whatever trendoid names are being used these days.