Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, December 28, 2007

It's Not The Mumps!!

I'm Actually Storing Roasted Chestnuts In My Cheeks...

Back from the doctor's office. Last visit for a while, I hope. I went in on a 'standby' appointment, meaning that I sat there in the waiting room for hours in hopes that someone would cancel a scheduled appointment. Fortunately, after 2.5 hours, someone did.

Doc (my regular internist) confirmed the ER's diagnosis of a staph infection running apeshit through my lower face. I questioned my ability to get such a nasty mess via a shaving cut, but that might well have been the cause. Runner-up cause was bacteria infiltrating through my gumline around a chipped molar... Floss & use mouthwash, kiddies!

So, no mumps, and I can come out of the quarantine tent now that my vacation's almost over. Yay!

I got a scrip for some Area-51 grade antibacterial bodywash and some other pills and topical gooey stuff. Hope this stuff smells better than that awful Buckley's crap, or my remaining social life will wither away completely...

Thanks for all the well-wishes! They really help keep me from dialing the pour-spout on the bourbon bottle to "Utter Despair"!!