Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, October 31, 2008

Sounds Like Snake Oil To Me!

This Has GOT To Be A Joke!

Some things just leave you speechless...



Let me quote the article:
A woman receives a snake massage at a snake spa in Talmei Elazar, Israel. The snakes therapeutic value was discovered after the owner let people hold them after her act. "Some people said that holding the snakes made them feel better, relaxed," said owner Ada Barak. Now she uses a combination of big snakes for deep massage and little ones for light massage, though all are non-venomous.

Jaysus H. Tapdancing Keerist! WTF kind of New Age hopey-changey tree-huggy bullshit is this?

I have cared for snakes before. Big one, little ones, venomous & non-venomous. Every single one has the annoying habit of crapping out big stinky mostly-liquid turds with no warning whatsoever.

Aside from the dubious pleasure of having a big snake slithering along my unclothed back, and poking his little forked tongue down my asscrack, at some point the snake will extrude a wad of semi-digested rodent between my shoulder blades. That, to my mind, pretty much negates any relaxation I might have had up to that point.

This part gets me as well... "The snakes therapeutic value was discovered after the owner let people hold them after her act."

Her act? Dancing Ada and her python revue? Dirty Ada and the disappearing boa?

Sigh. Just another "if it feels good, do it" pseudo-therapy. FWIW, I have discovered the therapeutic value in taking a huge dump while playing Yanky My Cranky. It makes me feel better and more relaxed, but you don't see me doing it on other people...