Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Wabbit Wedux

Apologies To John Updike...

Some time back I brought you the tale of the Surrealistic Bunny, where a rabbit appeared out of nowhere to visit me in my driveway, then vanished back to the dimension from whence it came.

Well, the wascally wabbit weturned.

OK, it was another rabbit, another driveway, and another town entirely. Still, how often can one expect to have these lagomorphical visitations in the domestic vehicular storage milieu?

I pulled into the driveway last night, and slowly hopping across it was this big white rabbit with long upright brown ears. Looked a bit like this one:



I stopped the truck and got out, leaving the lights on and the engine running. You'd think a big 4x4 all lit up and growling would send a bunny scampering off, but this one just casually sat there and nibbled the grass next to the driveway.

Not wanting to scare it off, I asked "Excuse me, Mr. Bunny... Where did you come from, and why are you eating my yard?"

He had no response.

I walked up to it cautiously, and while it evaded my touch, it didn't seem all that worried that I was following it around. Eventually, I got tired of Mr. Bunny's antisocial attitude, and went to shut off the truck.

As I gathered up my things to take inside, I shut the door and saw that Mr. Bunny had hopped over next to me, and was giving me that bunny stare up on his two hind legs.



He wanted my cheeseburger and fries. I could tell by the way his nose twitched.

Well, the last thing I need hanging about is a carnivorous rabbit. So, I wandered next door to the Maison d'Hillbilleé to see if any of their critters had escaped.

Sure enough, the bunny was theirs. It had tunneled out of the back yard, and had been terrorizing flower beds all day. It was quickly gathered up and returned home, and all was well.

Except my fries were cold. Wascally wabbit's Wevenge!!