Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Difference Of Opinion

One Must Indulge One's Inner 8 Year Old...

Bit of a tiff developing around Casa Capitan over my choice of ceiling fans for the spare bedroom/library. My original choice was a 5 bladed flush-mount model, with wide blades that looked like woven rattan. Until I saw this fan in the catalog...



It's a F4U Corsair. The prop blades are 48" in diameter, the wingspan of the airplane twice that. It'll cover most of the ceiling!

OK, I'm willing to admit as a 40 year old consumer that this might have limited or even negative impact on home resale value. To be blunt, I don't give a fig. It's way cool, and I want it!

What's even cooler is that I can move the circular A/C vent in the ceiling right next to the fan hub, and have a gull-winged version of the Hawker Typhoon, which is even cooler!