Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, March 15, 2010

How Much For Just Torts & Contracts??

I Need A Rich Relative In Very Poor Health.

Well, so much for THAT idea...

I've been hearing this phrase almost every week from so many different people at work:

"What? You're not a lawyer?"

Nope. Never even took the LSAT. While my chosen profession requires a metric assload of knowledge in employment law, I'd never seriously considered law school or any post-baccalaureate work.

My boss tells me I'd enjoy law school. I hear this quite frequently.

So, I look up the entrance requirements at the local lawyer-factory.

My grades in college weren't stellar, but I test well, and I can BS on the application like no one else. Yeah, I can probably get in.

How much is this gonna be? Hmmm... let's see... Part time, evening classes, will take approximately 4 years with a Spring, Summer and Fall semester schedule, 12 semesters in all.

Each semester's average cost: $8800.

*Blink* <---- (Borrowed Bou Blink)

Well, maybe I won't be going to Law School after all...