Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, September 16, 2010

A Lull In The Storm

Wanted: A 32 Hour Day!

Wow. First time in a while I've had a slow afternoon. It's been a madhouse around here lately.

With an ongoing hiring freeze, we're all getting used to doing more with less. Additionally, there's the usual political shenanigans that keep adding fuel to the fire, and I'm busier than an obsessive-compulsive squirrel in a warehouse full of walnuts.

For those of you who still pop in here from time to time, I'm aware that my usual wit and wisdom (Heh. As if...) seems in short supply. I haven't done any Photoshop Phunnies in a long while, and any sort of writing has been mostly in fits and spurts. I really miss the Fiction Friday diversions. Ah, well. One of these days, I'll find the time...

I haven't gone snooping in the Sitemeter logs up & down my blogroll, but I've read here & there that bloggers are seeing less traffic these days. I'd like to blame Facebook, but an accusing finger pointed at FB would have the other three fingers pointed back at me! I'm on there 2-3 times a day, though thankfully not wasting time playing Mafia Wars or Farmville.

I sure hope this blog thing doesn't die off. There's times I feel that it's been one of the strongest links connecting me with sanity.

There's a big anniversary coming up on Saturday. I'll do my best to give it a good writeup, assuming life doesn't intrude.

Y'all hang loose, and thanks for dropping by!