Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Project LOLA: Day 401

Keep On Keepin' On!

Yeah, OK, 401's not a nice round number. Meant to write this yesterday, but the zombie t-shirt post was too good to pass up...

It's sort of appropriate, too. I'm no longer a nicely rounded person 401 days into this thing.

There's a long way to go, but things are improving. I've got a recognizable lap once again, which comes in handy for cat-petting and niece & nephew sitting.

I catch myself sitting at tables, leaning over and putting my chin in my hands. Not the most polite thing to do, but the novelty of doing so makes it hard to avoid.

Also a relearned experience - bending over to tie my shoes instead of sitting on a couch or bed and dragging a leg up within easy reach. Nice to be able to trim your toenails without pulling a hamstring.

Those of you who took pictures at Eric's last year might want to dig though your photos and find any of me, and we'll do a comparison. I'm betting you'll be amazed. God knows I sure am...

Speaking of Eric's, it's going to be a doozy of a time trying to stick with LOLA while on the road. Oh, I get a monthly splurge, so I can gobble down some of the smoked pig on Friday, and I'm sure looking forward to the omelet at the Tellico Junction Cafe and whatever foodie goodness that Elisson & SWMBO are going to whip up.

Still, eating out of gas stations and roadside restaurants is always a challenge. I'm pretty sure the Sonic across from the hotel will get some business too. No chili dogs or cheesy tater tots, though, that's a promise! Just the grilled chicken wrap!

Probably another 400 days to go, and somewhere down the line I'm gonna have to have some serious knifework to tighten things up. Google up "panniculectomy" to see what I mean, just make sure you're not eating at the time...

More updates when they occur, and as always, thanks for your support!!