Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Hammerus Interruptus

Where's Jim Adler When Ya Need Him??

Well, damn...

The eBayer selling my new warhammer decided he was out of stock, and cancelled the sale.  As a result, no zombie whacker, and to add insult to injury, when you backwash money via an eBay sales refund up into the PayPal/Bank chain, it causes all sorts of mischief.  My bank card is now getting declined or "call for authorization" messages.  Paypal informs me that it "may take several days for complete release of funds"

WTF??  The only funds they had was the $50 I transferred in.  Somehow they get to bollix up my personal bank account??

Oh, well.  Back to the shopping.

Found this bit of ancient iron on eBay:

It's an old miner's pick someone has reforged so it's got a hammerhead.  Alas, I fell asleep and missed the auction cutoff, and some bidsniper pounced on it.



No worries, I found this one for a cheaper price!  Same kind of pickhead, but this one's some sort of trophy or award.  It's been chrome-plated!  Shiny!!!



So, instead of a grubby old pick handle, I'll get a suitable length of walnut and polish it up before mounting the head.  Almost makes me wish my name was Maxwell...

Sooner or later, I'll get my warhammer!