Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

And That's All She Wrote...

Another Year Grinds To A Halt

Just about to shut things down here at the Salt Mines, and I'll be laying my pickaxe down until sometime next week.  Got a few days of vacation in my future, and I want to be sure I don't leave anything left undone that would require me to either call in, or God forbid, drop by to fix something.

Got the end-of-month report done, the yearly wrap-up is being shunted off to another poor soul, and all that remains is recording a couple of Out Of Office messages for voicemail, setting my email Inbox to "Fuck You, I'll Be Back Next Week", and hitting the "SEND" button on a few emails before pulling the plug and sneaking out via the freight elevator.

2013 was an OK year, for the most part.  Not perfect, but far from the worst year I've had. I can only hope 2014 continues in the same way.

Y'all have a Happy New Year, and we'll see you in 2014!

Drive safe!