Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, January 27, 2014

Those Damned Eye-talians...

"Tiramisu" means "I Ate It All"

Couldn't stick with the irresistible pastas and sauces, could you?

Oh, no....

Couldn't just produce dee-licious vino, including the sublime Amarone, and the majestic Barolo?

It wasn't enough to tempt us with perfectly aged Parmigiano-Reggiano, or the tang of a nicely preserved sopressata?

Oh, no.  You had to do it.  You had to whip up desserts, too.

You  bastards.  I publicly shamed myself with a tray of homemade tiramisu this weekend, and I BLAME YOU, LUIGI!!

The delights of mascarpone layered over espresso-soaked cakes...

The deep dark sprinkling of cocoa over the custard...

I went back for THIRDS, you evil sonsabitches!

The only reason I quit before licking the pan clean was the fear that the few remaining insulin-producing cell clusters in my pancreas would pop before the onslaught of rampaging blood glucose levels, the carnage akin to an OCD kid with a fresh sheet of bubble wrap...

*BURP*