Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

As if candy canes, fudge, and eggnog weren't enough...

..here comes Hot Chocolate Coma!

I heard this one on the radio this morning. Allegedly it's the creation of Glenn Beck, the talk show host, but I heard it via a local show.

Oh, before we get to it, I also understand there's a caveat against consuming this in conjunction with turkey, lest you fall into a stupor that lasts until Groundhog Day.

Here it is...

Over low heat, or in a double boiler, gently warm 5 pints (80 oz.) light cream or half & half.
Unwrap and coarsely chop 12 plain Hershey's chocolate bars.
Slowly stir in chocolate pieces until fully melted and smooth.
Pour into mugs and serve at once!

Now, how easy is that? Of course, the ensuing angioplasty might take a while.

I'm gonna have to give it a go. However, I'll have to be ultra-reckless and try it with a mix of heavy cream and whole milk from Promised Land Dairy, and dark chocolate from Valrhona.

Hey, Christmas only comes once a year!