Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Kimber Vs. Springfield Armory

MadOgre is in a debate this week at his site over the relative merits of the Kimber line of autopistols vs. Springfield Armory and Colt. He basically seems to say that if a Kimber was on fire in front of him, he'd just as soon write his name in the snow rather than put out the fire.

I dunno if I'd go that far, but I've never owned a Kimber. They're awfully pricy. I did rent one of the Kimber Pro-Carry models at a shooting range, and it was one of the more accurate pistols I've ever fired. I was able to do the 'Lethal Weapon' smiley-face-on-a-silhouette-target stunt at 50 feet, and I don't consider myself exceptionally accurate with a pistol. Keep in mind this was with a rental range gun, with untold 1000's of rounds through it, and with generic FMJ ammo.

With a Colt, I suspect you're paying an extra $200 just to have the little horsie stamped on the side of the gun. If I ever match 6 numbers in the Lotto, you better believe I'll have a stable full of 'em, but like the Kimber, they're just too spendy considering what else is on the market.

So, what has El Cap got in his arsenal? Like the Mad Ogre, I like the Springfield Armory 'Loaded' model. Here's mine, just 'cause I haven't posted a pic of it in a while!