Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Well, That's Over And Done With.

Drug Companies Alerted: Massive Fall-off In Antacid Sales Anticipated


My third major project for Q1/Q2 2005 just wrapped up this morning, with a meeting with three dozen of Hizzoner's minions (mostly level 30 or higher Necromancers and the occasional lich) to instruct them in the finer points of keeping this unidentified governmental entity and its surrounding environs safe for big business democracy.

Oh, yeah, we also talked about how to better oppress the citizenry in a subtle manner, all in the name of The Man, 'cause we're cool like that.

It went OK, I suppose. I had to modify my presentation 5 minutes before the start of the meeting, 'cause that's when the pitbull from Legal showed up, and I got my first look at the stuff Legal would be presenting. Nice when they share, isn't it?

As a result, my order of presentation got kinda out of whack, since I hate to bore people with presenting the same information twice. There's already a marked tendency for these minions to fall asleep when not under the direct evil-eye stare of their superiors, so no use adding to the lullaby. To give the pitbull its due, professional litigators tend to be better public speakers, and the presentation was certainly informative.

How much actually sunk in remains to be seen. For all their slothful malevolence, most civic drones don't seem to be particularly bright.

Now, I'd like to go have a stiff drink (preferably 3-4 fingers of cheap Scotch over ice), but the only place close by that serves liquor is directly across the street, the bar area is right by the sidewalk, next to plate glass windows and easily visible from this building. Boy, sometimes you just yearn for a downtown area complete with some two-bit sleazy dive with no windows and a back door.