Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Stocking Stuffers For Jarheads!

Just In Time For 230th Annual Head-Shaving Day

How farookin' cool is this??



Something tells me that these silver dollars are gonna be popular as unofficial Jarhead challenge coins, and no doubt more than a few will be swallowed whole in those bizarre bar-bets that seem to come about when large groups of uniformed soldiers congregate where alcohol is served.

Still, I'm gonna try and get a couple of dozen when they're released. They look totally sharp, and will make great gifts for the Marines & Marine admirers I know. Proceeds will also help fund the National Museum of the Marine Corps at Quantico, Virginia.

They get offered for sale July 20, 2005 until the end of the year. Go here to order!

UPDATE: Date fixed. My bad. Carry on. If still in doubt, check the date on the coin. I had 1995 on the brain today.