Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Another Damned Meme!

More Info On MEEEEE!!!! 'Cause I'm So Modest.

Well, I didn't make Andy's meme-tag list (probably because he knows my answers to most of this...) but I'm gonna steal it anyway.

10 Years Ago Today:
Living in Arlington, TX, ink still wet on my two UTA diplomas. Head of Shipping & Receiving at the HQ of a large comic book chain in D/FW. About 3 weeks away from making the leap to a tech support company where I would spend the next 7 1/2 years. Driving "Aunt Pearl", a 1972 Chevy Bel Air.

Five Years Ago:
At the top of my game. Rebounded from huge changes at work, moved out of front-line management (away from customers!!!) into support positions, began conducting employee training & traveling. Bought a bad-ass Dodge Ram pickup with all the bells & whistles, which I'd been coveting for years. Had the world bent over, smackin' it on the ass, screaming "Who's your daddy!!"

1 Year Ago:
2nd week of work at a new job after a lengthy spell of unemployment. Not driving anything, truck had been repo'ed months earlier. Basking in the light at the end of the tunnel.

Yesterday:
El Day Shittay at work. Typical Monday.

Tomorrow:
Another day in paradise, working for The Man.

5 Snacks I Enjoy:

1. Chili dogs (is that a snack?)
2. Slurpees or a Sonic slush, the nearest reasonable facsimile
3. Oranges
4. Poptarts
5. Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream pies.

5 Bands That I Know the Lyrics to Most of Their Songs:

1. Jimmy Buffett
2. Peter Gabriel
3. AC/DC
4. KISS
5. ABBA

5 Things I Would Do with $100,000,000:

1. Disappear.
2. On an regular basis, give away the max amount allowable that won't trigger the IRS's goon squads to all my friends and the relatives that don't piss me off too much.
3. Establish a dope/rum plantation somewhere in the Caribbean.
4. Establish perpetual college scholarship for extended family and Texas-area academically deficient Eagle Scouts.
5. Buy a version of every firearm ever made.

5 Locations I Would Like to Run Away to:

1. Some tropical island
2. Mare Tranquilitatis
3. Europe for historical travel & research
4. Antarctica
5. Pacific Northwest

5 Bad Habits I Have:

1. Eating more than I should
2. Staying up too late
3. Not saving enough money
4. Being an asshole when I don't have to be
5. Procrastination

5 Things I Like Doing:

1. Reading
2. Dining out
3. Taking a nap
4. Annoying my cats
5. Watching movies

5 Things I Would Never Wear:

1. rubber fetish suit
2. saddle shoes
3. white after Labor Day
4. plaid coat with striped pants
5. polyester leisure suits in pastel shades

5 TV Shows I Like(d):

1. Northern Exposure
2. The Shield
3. Firefly
4. Deadwood
5. WKRP

5 Movies I Like:

1. LOTR trilogy
2. Topsy Turvy
3. A Bridge Too Far
4. Trading Places
5. The Blues Brothers

5 Famous People I Would Like to Meet:

This is a tough one. I'm not one much given to hero worship. Most people who are famous, when asked "How did you achieve success?" will give a variation on "hard work, a good idea, and a bit of luck." That being said, all of the people I'd most like to meet are already dead & gone.

1. Jimmy Stewart
2. R.A. Heinlein
3. John Wayne
4. Teddy Roosevelt
5. William Shakespeare

5 Biggest Joys at the Moment:

1. Watching my baby nephew smile up at me
2. Payday
3. Seeing old friends
4. Making it to another birthday
5. Not having Kerry in the White House

5 Favorite Toys:

1. Springfield Armory 1911A1 .45 pistol
2. Whatever computer I've got my paws on at the moment
3. Kershaw Rainbow Leek
4. My iMac
5. This blog

5 People to Tag:

Nah, not gonna do it. If you like it, lift it, and link back here!