Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Tucked In Behind A Book

Now If I Just Had Someone To Bring Me Slurpees

I got three hardback books this weekend in the mail, fruits of my eBay searching. Consequently, a good chunk of the weekend has been spent horizontal with a fan blowing on me and a cat constantly rubbing her cheeks up against the book covers. I think the previous owner of the books has a cat, so the offending kitty aroma must be covered over. Betsy Cat is such a possessive little wench...

I also managed to finally win an auction for a Canon A85 digital camera. They're getting hard to find since the A95 came out, but I wanted one that didn't put its LCD screen on a swing-out arm. I can just see that getting torn off before too long. I spent a bit more than I wanted to, 'cause twice now people with a feedback score of less than 10 have been running up the prices on A85's. Ordinarily I'd chalk it up to coincidence, but when both newbie bidders haven't used eBay since Jan of this year, I just start to hear "shill bidding" whispering in the wind. Who knows?

So, you should start seeing a few more pics around here. I hope so, anyway. I still haven't managed to pony up the annual fee for a domain, but as always, "It'll come out of the next paycheck!"

Yeah, and monkeys will fly out my....