Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I'm Not Sure What To Think About This

I Am Inclined To Be Skeptical, However.

Feisty Christina says she's hanging up her spurs. Quitting this crazy blogging biz. Going back to whatever it is that people do when they're not frantically pecking out yet another fascinating slice of life for their loyal yet fickle fan base.

I've seen this more than a few times, but usually it's preceded by a fall-off in both quality and quantity of posts, accompanied by repeated bitching about how hard it is to deal with spammers/trolls/fans/blog software. No, this time it's a bolt out of the blue, from someone at the top of their game. Makes it all the more believable.

It'd be a shame if she does indeed follow through with her "resignation". She went real far, real fast, based mostly on raw talent and a knack for getting along with other bloggers. She's got a loyal fanbase, and if you look at the comments on her Adios Post, they're not too happy about this state of affairs. Heh. If I quit blogging, the most I'd expect is a snarky email from one of my old buddies about being a quitter.

I really didn't expect to see her quit so abruptly. If I'd been handicapping the odds of bloggers quitting inside the next 6 months, she would've been about 300 to one. Looking down my blogroll, and based on what I've read and how often they post, here's my take on who (out of the bloggers I most often read) is most likely to be next to take their chips and go home.

Now, if you're on this list, don't get pissed off. I'm just pulling the odds of you quitting blogging in the next 180 days out of my keister. Still, I bet I'm pretty close. If you ain't on here, don't fret. It's not like I'm a professional bookie or anything.

Graumagus: 2-1
Zippo: 5-2
Dash: 12-1
Denita: 100-1
LC Beth: 250-1
Kurt: 50-1
Kim du Toit: 20-1
Andy: 15-1
Walrilla: 5-1
Jim: 3-1
Jenni: 40-1
Laurence: 250-1
Rob: 150-1
Steve: 300-1
George: 9-1
Tiffany: 8-1
Sheila: 500-1
Dax: 8-5
Crimedog: 40-1
Velociman: 80-1

Me? I don't see quitting anytime soon, but just like Zack Mayo, I'm usually flaked out on life's canvas, whining "I got nowhere else to go!", with the one small exception of not just having had my testicles jackhammered by a large angry black man.

BTW, I would LOVE to be proved wrong. All of y'all are part of my daily routine now, and I'd just as soon not lose any more bits and pieces out of my life.