Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, August 04, 2005

How Time Does Fly...

Which Is Ironic, Considering All The Clockwatching Around Here!

As of today, I am no longer considered a probationary member of Hizzoner's Horrible Horde. Yeppers, friends and neighbors, it's been a year since I surrendered a good-sized chunk of my self-respect, put on the yoke and started feeding from the public trough.

It hasn't been all bad, but I can already feel signs of the inevitable draining of my will to resist the lure of the "It's not MY job!" affliction that so many of my co-workers seem to acquire.

I figure another year or so here in the Dark Tower to keep extending my little web of contacts, then I'll start jumping around the departments until I find a position that's more in line with my personal politics.

I wonder if Hizzoner ever considered creating an Inspector of Scotch, Handguns and Chili Dogs? Damn if I wouldn't be a shoo-in for that position!

Sigh. I'll probably end up measuring shrubbery for Parks & Rec. or being the "Turn your head & cough" guy with the Health Department. I hope I get plenty of rubber gloves for that...