Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Well, My Pension Fund Was Just Sitting There...

Oh, be still my beating heart! OK, maybe not quite that still!

Here's a gift that'll keep on giving for several years! All 1802 titles in the Penguin Classics Library!

If I had the $8K, I'd have these babies piled up in every nook & cranny in the house! It would almost double my library, and I'd never lack for material to read for the next 20 years commuting into downtown!

Wonder if I can do 5 years of layaway?

Take a look! Here's the complete list by title.

Note: If you want a significant chunk of this collection in electronic format, do what I did several years ago and go to the Project Gutenberg website. They have an astonishing collection of written works that have gone out of copyright. I filled up one CD, and part of another, and still haven't gotten 1/10 of the way through them! Still, there's nothing like holding a real book in your hands!