Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, August 04, 2005

We Just Love Excruciating Pain

And This Is Only The Beginning...

I've bitched before about getting old, only to have someone even older than me pooh-pooh my quibbling by calling me a youngster by comparison. OK, fair enough. Still, there's some pretty inarguable signs that things are starting to break down on the ol' carcass.

I'm sitting on the bus yesterday, trying to stuff my cell phone and headset back into my carryall, when what feels like a lightning bolt erupts from my left elbow and shoots down to my left ring finger. It feels kinda like when you smack your elbow and your "funnybone" gets hit, only about 1000 times worse, and I know I didn't hit anything. I'm holding my arm out, waiting for the numbness to ease up, when I go to make a fist, and nearly shriek 'cause it feels like my ring finger's tearing in half. Just the ring finger, and that only between the 1st 2 knuckles, nothing else. Damndest thing I've ever felt. Just about had to tape the fingers together to keep from bending it until it settled down.

I suppose I must have had my arm at such a weird angle that I pinched a nerve, and the pain was a result. I'll tell you what, I've got a lot more sympathy for Andy's pinched neck nerves after that little episode. Hope I don't have a repeat anytime soon. (Heh! Yeah, right!)

No AARP discount is worth this kinda crap... Getting older sucks.