Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Friday, August 05, 2005

Emergency Exercise Summary

Your Tax Dollars At Work

Well, I'm back from the emergency training exercise that had attendees from every state, local and Fed. alphabet agency in a 150 mile radius. One thing seems abundantly clear...

You remember that scene in the movie 'Zulu', where the small British force is at Rorke's Drift, surrounded by umpteen thousand pissed off Zulus, and the old Swedish preacher gets a snootful of brandy and starts spreading a little sedition? So, the Brits pack him off in a mule cart, and he's screaming over and over out the back of the cart as he leaves:

"You're all going to DIE!!! You're all going to DIE!!!"

Yup, that about sums up todays affairs.

Ask me about it at the next Blogfest, and I'll rant in depth. I've said more than I'm comfortable saying here.