Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, August 15, 2005

Mondays Suck

They Suck Big Wads Of Pasty White Ass

Life just goes from bad to worse. Not only am I all dolled up in the Corporate Armor for a TV interview that I have zero desire of appearing in, but it looks like that the taping might have been cancelled Friday with no one bothering to tell me, meaning I've wasted money on dry cleaning and also the cash used to park my car downtown instead of riding the bus in. It's 2 hours until I need to jet over to the studios, and no one's got a firm answer.

To add insult to the admittedly minor financial injury, I also get a notice this morning that I'm going to be deposed for an upcoming court case. Now, ordinarily this wouldn't bother me, but the particulars of this case predate my employment here, and I'll be goddamned if I want my deposition to be the deciding factor in whether or not this thing goes to trial. I certainly don't want to have to be on the stand if it does.

Our resident pin-striped barracudas are being less than helpful. To them, a deposition is an everyday thing. I'm already shooting ground-up Rolaids into my veins to offset the stress of this TV interview, and all I can get from them is "Don't plead the 5th!"

Let's make things even worse... The head honchette of the division down the hall has the day off, so all her staff decided to come in for a half day. The back half of the day, it appears... Their lowest-paid staffer is here shagging calls, and passing most of them on to me since I at least know my ass from my elbow. I've already had three people compliment me on returning calls, leading me to believe that perhaps returning calls is not the usual order of affairs for the other division. I've never understood that about people who deal with the public. I may not be able to fix your issue, but I can at least call you and let you know what's up. Ignoring you doesn't make the problem go away, it just increases it, since now you've got a pissed-off citizen to deal with as well.

Damn, I wish I could spin up a minnow of some Jamaica Mistaica. Yeah, smokin' the marijohoonie, you lose your short-term memory and a good chunk of long-term ambition, but the day sure do roll by a lot quicker. Feckin' piss tests...