Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Saturday, August 20, 2005

A Bit O' Clarification

Yes, I'm Intentionally Obtuse Sometimes...

I've had a couple of people give me the hairy eyeball recently when I've recited one of the dozens of tired old bromides I've got laying around. The particular one people seem to have trouble grasping is "When it rains, it pours".

As it happens, I'm not trying to drum up business for Morton's Salt. They've been cranking along for 150 years, and don't need my help.

What I refer to is the phenomenon that seems to always happen to me. When bad shit starts to occur, it generally comes in heavy doses. I don't get a light sprinkling of inconvenience, I get a real gullywasher of problems.

So, when trouble is raining on you, it's usually pouring on me. It seems that way, anyway.