Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, August 18, 2005

This Is SO Not Fair...

Bastards Are Playing Dirty Pool!

Like a good percentage of Americans, I could stand to lose a significant chunk of my waistline. I absolutely suck at dieting, but I do what I can. Lately, I've been avoiding the nearby lunch places like Mickey D's, Wendy's, and especially that pit of temptation, the Kolache Factory, in favor of dried fruits, beef jerky, and other foods that aren't full of glucose and/or grease. Not as good as a salad, I know, but it's a start.

I usually stop off at a store on the way to the bus stop to pick up an assortment of stuff for the day. The CVS or Walgreen's drug stores are preferable to the grocery stores or Quik-E-Marts, since there I don't have to run the temptation gauntlet of pastries and chili dogs.

This morning, though, the evil bastards at Walgreen's slipped one in through my Good Intentions armor. Just couldn't pass 'em up, and I'll regret eating every delicious one.

The instrument of torture? Chocolate-covered jumbo cashew nuts. They're worse than heroin-laced Slurpees to a junk food junkie such as myself.

Damn you, Walgreen's! How could you forsake me so????