Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, August 22, 2005

Video Killed The Radio Star

WTF Am I Babbling About Now? I'm Not On The Radio...

OK, the deed is done. Got through the TV taping session. It was about as bad as I anticipated.

I had to wear the Corporate Armor, so under the hot studio lights I was sweating like a whore in church. They had to stop the taping once to let me sponge off with a towel, and during the taping the camera guy would let me know when I was out of view so I could catch the random bead trickling off my hairline.

The Voices From Above running the production decreed that a makeup artist was to be found forthwith, and shortly a man appeared with some beige goo and a handful of those little sponge wedges. I was OK with the dabbing around the nose and forehead. The other guest on the show had a bit of a shine to her, so she got that treatment too. I was *not* OK with the Voices From Above asking the makeup guy to dab some on my head to cut the glare from my scalp. Bastards. Might as well have dosed me with that RonCo spray-on hair crap. Normally I don't sweat the male pattern baldness thing, but that moment really annoyed me.

Well, the plus side is that they gave me the scoop on who all in the local TV market wears a toupee. You won't believe how many it is, or how much is budgeted for the care and feeding of those head rugs. Let's just say that you could spend a week at DisneyWorld for a family of 4 for the amount of the budget for a local anchor's hairpiece.

No, I'm not gonna say when/where/why this thing is being done/aired. That's part of the whole anonyblogging thing. Sorry. I know several have asked me to post a picture, but if you want me in all my glory, show up at a blogfest!

Now, there's a need for drinks. Many drinks, in quick succession.