Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Right Up The Tailpipe

Goddamned Hurricane

Well, I'm phuct. Just got a call from Dad who heard on the radio that METRO was shutting down all bus services at 2 p.m. Naturally, I find out at 3 p.m.

METRO was supposed to stay running a reduced schedule until 9 p.m. tonight, giving me a way back to the Park & Ride. Guess I'll get to hike if I can't finagle a ride. Not a taxicab in sight, either. It's only 8 miles or so. Should take me, oh... 2 or 3 days. It's not the distance, it's the neighborhoods I'll have to traverse. And thanks to our lovely policy forbidding concealed carry at work, my usual means of goblin deterrence is at the other end of the journey.

Plan for things to get worse, you will not be disappointed...