Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, December 29, 2005

No Yacht Today

Damn The Bad Luck!

I am not a millionaire today. I didn't think I would be, but stranger things have happened.

I ate at a Chinese place with my buddy Zibig recently, and at the end of the meal, we cracked open our fortune cookies. Turned out they had identical fortunes. I've eaten at a lot of Chinese restaurants with a lot of people, and NEVER had that happen before. Turns out the lottery numbers printed on the back were the same too. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'd always assumed they just cranked out random numbers when going through the printing press.

So, there's a big sign that Fate is having a bit of a giggle. I'm not one to believe in signs, unless the sign dresses up in drag and sashays around on your tabletop with a kazoo up its wazoo and a big neon sign saying "I'M A SIGN".

So, I played the Texas Lotto with the numbers, even knowing that your odds of being struck by lightning are greater than winning. What the hell, I figured. Maybe we'll just match a few numbers and make enough for some more Chinese food. Bought two identical tickets, gave one to Zibig.

Results? Nothing. Well, a good blogpost, maybe.

Signs. Feh.