Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

How Winthorpe & Valentine Pulled It Off

I'll Bet You Were Wondering Too!

One of my all-time favorite comedy movies is 1983's 'Trading Places', with Dan Ackroyd, Eddie Murphy, Denholm Elliot, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ralph Bellamy and Don Ameche.

Trading Places is one of the few movies I can recite along with the actors from beginning to end. I've probably seen it 50 times. It's just a stone groove, my man! YEAH!

One thing that's always kinda irked me, though, is that I didn't know enough about the commodities market to know exactly how Louis and Billy Ray got rich and sent the Duke Brothers to the poorhouse at the same time.

Well, now I know, and so can you! There's a condensed version at Wikipedia, and a longer, more detailed explanation at Dangerous Logic.

Go read and be enlightened!


"Wait a minute... there's TWO gorillas in there!"

Bwahahaaaaa!