Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

That Was A Close One!

How Do I Get To Hide Things Beneath The Jump?

I coulda sworn that Wizbang! had just jumped the shark due to crack-smoking by one of the main contributors.

For a minute there, I was afraid I was gonna have to bitchslap Jay Tea for jumping on the "duty to flee" foolishness that got me so torqued off last month.

Fortunately, he was just pulling our collective hoofies.

Here's how he did it...
I've been wondering if there really is any "right" to self-defense, and I have come to the reluctant conclusion that I do not believe so. We have no right to self-defense.

At this point, he hid the rest of the post behind the fold/jump/extended section. Silly Rabbit!
To me, a "right" is an action that one can choose to exercise or not, depending on the individual. We all have the right to speak freely, but we can also shut up. We can assemble, or we can stay home. We can worship how we wish, or not at all.

In that vein, in our society and in the world today, I don't think we have a "right" to self-defense.

It should be a duty.

Amen, brother!