Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, March 06, 2006

The First Time...

Another Silly-Ass Meme!

Stolen from Jenni the Sweetie!!

1. Who was your first prom date?
That would be The Main Squeeze, my g/f all through 11th and 12th grade.

2. Who was your first roommate?
A guy named Chuck V. from my high school. We both attended SFASU, and were both assigned to Hall 16. He became a Resident Assistant and moved out 2 weeks into the 2nd semester, leaving me a private room for the rest of the term. Haven't spoken to him since 1987, and still owe him a set of socket wrenches.

3. What alcoholic beverage did you drink when you got drunk the first time?
I'm so embarrassed by this... Sloe Gin mixed in Sprite.

4. What was your first job?
Workin' for The Man. In this case, The Man was my dad, who hired me at criminally low wages to do incredibly painful and strenuous manual drudge labor on the properties he managed. I oughta sue...

5. What was your first car?
The War Wagon, a 1977 Dodge Aspen station Wagon. I drove it 'till it exploded.

6. When did you go to your first funeral?
I was present at the funeral for Mom's father, but I was still wearing onesies. The first one I remember was for my Dad's father in 1975.

7. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?
18, headin' off to college, try to gain a little knowledge, but all I wanted to do was learn how to score...

8. Who was your first grade teacher?
Either Mrs. Milligan or Mrs. Washington. I had the same teacher for either K & 1st, or 1st & 2nd, so those years blend together in my memory.

9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
Flying Braniff out to Florida to see my "Gigi". I musta been about 7 or 8.

10. When you snuck out of your house for the first time, who was it with?
Heckle & Jeckle, but mostly Heckle.

11. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?
I moved and/or switched schools every 2-3 years or so, so I never really got real tight with anyone until high school. I hung around this kid Steve quite a bit during the 3 year exile up in Indiana, but that was mostly due to his Dad's pinball machine collection, and his sister Lori's enormous hooters.

Nah, the spot goes to Zibig, who I met while we were both whizzing behind a dumpster (both of us still wearing our marching band uniforms) following a football game at Tully Field back in 1982. 24 years later, we don't even need to finish each other's sentence anymore, usually an expression suffices for an entire conversation.

12. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents house?
Do dorms count? If so, Hall 16 at SFASU.

13. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?
I know better than to piss on people's parades. Usually I stew in silence.

14. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid or a groomsmen?
Andy's wedding. The wedding picture's priceless, me in a tux with long hair and my custom shitkicker boots.

15. What is the first thing you do in the morning?
Move the cat out of the way so I can get up to take a whiz.

16. What was the first concert you ever went to?
Heh. This one kills me. It was a free afternoon concert, right after school in the school auditorium. Band was called 'Free Fare', sang covers of pop tunes, and apparently eked out a living by touring the Teenybopper Circuit.

17. First tattoo or piercing?
Did my own ear standing up in front of my dorm room mirror in 1986, used ice cubes to numb it out, then jammed a sewing machine needle through.
First tattoo was in '92 or '93, with my friend Chainsawed. I think she had just turned 18,and wanted a tat.

18. First celebrity crush?
I'm pretty sure it was one of the girls on the PBS show 'ZOOM'. Don't remember her name, but she did that goofy shit with her arms. Might even have sent a love letter to... (remember where???) ZOOM! PO Box 350, Boston Mass., Oh, Two, One, Three Foooourrrrr!!!!

19. Age of first "real" kiss?
16

20. First "real" crush?
I really wanted to go play "Doctor" with this girl named Heidi in 4th grade. You know that comic book character called Valkyrie? Imagine Valkyrie in 4th grade, and you'll see the attraction. OK, so the giant metallic bra was still a few years from filling up. Sue me, I was just edging into puberty myself...


I gotta tag someone else with this... but I ain't gonna! Someone will be brave enough to pick up the ball and run with it!