Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, November 06, 2006

Postcards From The Edge

I Really Need To Get Out Of The House More Often...

I heard from two friends of mine over the weekend. They were having a lot more fun than I was!

First was my old college friend Chainsawed, sending me emails from the People's Republic of Vietnam. That was unexpected, to say the least.

She and her husband live in Alaska, and work there during the summer, then go somewhere warm in the winter. I knew they'd gone in past winters to Italy, Israel, France, etc. Vietnam, though? Wow.

They were going to visit the tunnels at Cu Chi. It seems that everyone who goes to Vietnam has to do the tunnel tour. I think I'd just as soon stay out of drippy jungles and moldy tunnels, but that's me. Call me crazy.

Vietnam is probably 92nd on my list of places to visit, but I'm sure they're having a great time. If I ever went, I'd hole up in the hotel and have buckets of pho and banh mi brought in daily. Damn, I love that stuff.

Next up on "Surprise El Capitan" was a phone call from my sweetiebaby Jenni from the slightly damp and mildewy city of New Orleans. She and her hubby B were celebrating their SECOND ANNIVERSARY!!! WOOOHOOO!!!

They were touring the French Quarter, and had happened upon Jean Lafitte's Pirates Lair, and they felt the urge to give their pirate buddy El Capitan a call to commemorate the occasion! Thanks! I enjoyed getting the call! Hope my hurricane cocktail was tasty!

One of the very first things I blogged about here at Baboon Pirates was their wedding. I guess I've known Jenni for about 10 years now, and I'm just 15 kinds of happy that we're friends. I'll plan on joining their traveling party to N'awlins next year when I'm better able to afford it!

Here's Jenni & B getting all dolled up at their wedding. Look at that smile!



More on the anniversary here on Jenni's blog.