Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Tag, I'm It.

You Must Play The Meme That's Dealt You!

Bleargh. I feel like Death warmed over. I've been hacking and wheezing for the past 36 hours.

My semiannual allergy attack is in full swing. I've no doubt it's somehow related to the semiannual shed of Betsy Cat's fur. Actually, who am I kidding... her fur's in a constant state of shedditation.

So, I'd planned to spend the afternoon "studying past case histories" and "filing documents" and "purging my email", with my office door shut, the lights turned off, & my chair in full recline position. Hehehe. Your tax dollars at work...

However, I got meme-tagged by ralphd00d, so I'll play along.

There's some form of elaborate rules involved, but a surplus of DayQuil in your system means you get to bypass them without penalty.

Oh, damn. It's a chain letter. Guess some rule-following is needed after all. Damndamndamn(hackwheezecoughgaspgasp). Sigh. I'm gonna do a meme that has just one rule, and that involves taking a snapshot of your own bunghole and posting it, I'm telling ya... that'll cut down on the control freak meme-sters that dreamed up this little scheme.

OK, enough whining. On we go!

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you.Include the city/state and country you're in:

(I like trying to make a direct link to a post that hasn't been posted yet...)

Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, United States)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Lulu (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
Chris (Boyne City, Michigan, United States)
AB (Cave Creek, Arizona, United States)
Johnny Yen (Chicago, Illinois, United States)
Bubs (Mt Prospect, Illinois, United States)
Mob (Midland, Texas United States)
Yas (Ahwatukee, Arizona USA)
RSP (Scottsdale, AZ USA)
Ralphd00d (Phoenix, AZ USA)
Baboon Pirates (Houston, TX USA)


2. List out your top 5 favorite places to eat at your location.

3. Tag 5 other people (preferably from other countries/states) and let them know they’ve been tagged.


OK, five places to eat in Houston...

1) Taqueria Cancun - I eat here WAY more often than I should. TexMex just ain't heart-healthy, any way you want to look at it. Still, for enchiladas con camarones swimming in queso or burritos the size of a baby, it's a cheap place that's rarely crowded. The waitresses let me practice my español without giggling too often, and they're usually petite, muy caliente and probably seeking a green card.


2) Kenny & Ziggy's Deli - Food for your inner Hebroo Joo. Much better than Katz's Deli, IMHO, and the bulldyke waitstaff gives it that oh-so-cosmopolitan atmosphere. Try the chocolate mousse cheescake, it's to die for.

3) Whataburger - If there's a fast food burger better than Whataburger, I ain't found it yet. Pretty good breakfasts, too. Best ketchup anywhere.

4) William's Smokehouse - This tiny little shack up in Acres Homes produces the best BBQ you've ever eaten. The ribs are the stuff of legend, and the sliced link sammich doused in 'cue sauce will have you licking the paper wrapper and mewling for joy. If you're of the Caucasian persuasion, it's probably best to go during daylight hours... that 'hood gets rough after sunset. Just ask all the dead prostitutes in the drainage ditches.

5) Mambo Seafood - A new favorite. There's several around town, and they cater mostly to the Latino crowd. They'll help a gabacho out, though, and you get enormous servings of really tasty seafood for a lot cheaper than the gringo chain restaurants. Be prepared for Latin MTV blaring on the multiple TV sets...


OK, the tagging...

Howzabout Jerry, Jerry, Nelly, Hammer and KeesKennis, if they wanna play.