Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Gloom Despair & Agony On Me

If It Weren't For Bad Luck, I'd Have No Luck At All...

I just cannot seem to shake this creeping crud that's invaded my skull crevices.
My daily amusement is getting into a hot shower to loosen things up, and then blowing snot goblins onto the shower curtain. I gave myself an 8.9 for accuracy, 9.1 for texture & viscosity, and 9.3 for artistic merit this morning.

I barely squeezed out a day's work yesterday. I was getting cold chills and joint pains all day long. I got a bit better towards the end of the day, but I wasn't up to my usual dinner-in-a-bag from my usual haunts.

I finally decided to go to Subway. They had cold sandwiches, which was a gotta-have, since the thought of eating anything hot was working my gag reflex.

I pull up in my truck, and the place is packed. I sit & listen to the radio for a while to let it clear out, and then it takes me another 5 minutes to muster up the energy to actually go in. I'm two steps from the front door when I see the cheery sign taped to it.

"No Credit or Debit Transactions. Machine Broken."

Shit. I've got no cash at all...

So, I went home and crashed. Got up around midnight and scraped together a can of V8, some string cheese sticks, and two of those tropical fruit cup thingies. Is it just me, or did those taste better when they were in tin cans?

I've been somewhat lax in blog reading, posting and commenting. F'rinstance, I completely forgot about Christina's insertion into irrevocable adulthood. Happy 40th, Jingles! I'll see you there next year!

I'm sure I owe lots of people emails and comment responses. I'll do what I can, but tonight's got another Collapso-Capitan on the menu.

I did get some Blogroll rewrites done. I'll see if I can't get that finished and posted tomorrow.

More later, my little chickadees...