Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Gonna Be A Good Day, Tater!

Don't Just Stand There Like A Government Employee!

Yeah, stole the title from Ron White. I surely do like that guy. It's not that his jokes are that much better than other comedians, but got-damn, the man just nails the delivery!

At any rate, I've got in the habit of saying that phrase whenever something good happens at work.

Yesterday the Boss was out on vacation, and I was in semi-slack mode most of the afternoon. That rarely happens, so I felt no guilt pangs.

Then, I got a call from this Hoosier/Okie blogger. He's in town on business, so after work I wandered over to far west Houston to pick him up and haul him to my favorite Thai eatery, where Jerry got to experience spring rolls, chicken satay with peanut sauce, and Thai-style pork. I had my usual panang beef, and resisted the urge to roll around in the sauce like a dog rolling in something stinky. Damn, I love that stuff...

Jerry's a great dinner companion, 'cause he's got great stories, he didn't mock my TV series DVD collection, and he also picked up the check! Can't ask for more than that!

Today's more of the usual, but the special project that would have kept me here for 15 hours a day today, tomorrow, and likely Saturday got cancelled. Therefore, it's a great farookin' day!

Even though I didn't find bits of cheese tucked in my jowls...