Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, January 27, 2008

To Boldly Go...

Just When I Thought I Was Out, They Pull Me Back In!!

I've been burned so many, many times...

Inept directors, all-consuming egos, convoluted and just plain silly plots... You can't even rely on the old "odd/even" rule anymore to determine the film's relative worth beforehand.

Nevertheless, there I'll be next Xmas season, paying my money on opening weekend and hoping beyond hope that maybe this time my patience will be rewarded, and we'll see something worthwhile.

Maybe this time we'll get inspiration enough to look beyond our petty partisan squabbles and out into the void where simply being a human is enough to bind you to the common cause of outward expansion.

So help me, I still get goosebumps when I hear the opening notes of the theme...

O Great Bird Of The Galaxy, reach out from the grave and give guidance to those who would direct your grand & inspired Enterprise, I beseech thee!