Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Monday, March 10, 2008

New Age Dumbassery

Blue Light Special On Cherokee Hair Tampons!

Right up front, I'm gonna say that this post is not going to sit well with one or two of my regular readers. I've read your blogs, I know you dabble in this malarkey.

Look, it's not a personal attack. I do dumb things, too. Last night I watched 'Highlander: The Source', which ranks right up there with wearing magnetic belts and copper bracelets as a complete waste of time & money.

The bottom line is this... Homeopathy is a load of crap. Always has been. Any improvement made under homeopathic treatment falls squarely in the realm of the placebo effect.

Look, don't take my word for it... Take a gander at this presentation by James Randi. His foundation has had a million bucks up for grabs for over a decade for any Moronic Convergence woo-woo able to prove that their snake-oil works. No one's even come close.

So, what's got my knickers in a bind over homeopathy? Simple...

When you dose yourself with a solution of unobtainium-infused water to cure your piles, you're only deluding yourself. Aside from lightening your wallet and enriching a huckster, there's no harm being done. Well, other than your ass rotting off. But it's YOUR ass...

When I see something like this, though... Oooo... I just want to reach out through the Intarweb tubes and give them SUCH a smack!!!

This was posted on Craigslist:
Looking for a Holistic or Homeopathic Vet

I am looking for information on any Holistic or Homeopathic vets in the West, North, and Northwest areas of Harris County.

Thanks

PS If you flagged this post earlier, please email me and tell me why! Otherwise please leave my post alone! Thanks!


Listen, you crystal-wearing, yoga-doin', tofu-eating, patchouli-oil smellin' hippie! The reason your posts are getting flagged is that you're a complete effing moron!! You do not subject animals to ignorant quackery! Take them to a real vet!! It's not right that the animal should suffer just because you don't have the good sense God gave a goose!

Here's how a homeopathic vet would treat a dog with fleas:

Pluck one flea off the dog.

Insert flea in gallon jug of pure water. (extra charge for special Orgone-treated water!)

Shake vigorously.

Decant flea. Put back on dog.

Pour some flea-flavored water into smaller jar.

Shake vigorously.

Pour some water into even smaller jar.

Shake vigorously.

Pour some water into still even smaller jar.

Shake vigorously.

End up with 1 oz. of flea water in vial. Shake some more.

Sell to gullible sap for $45, plus $55 for office visit.

Have gullible sap dab some "homeopathic flea repellent" behind dog's ears, on paws, and base of tail.

Laugh as gullible sap and flea-ridden dog leave your office $100 poorer.


Man, this quackeriffic stuff annoys me to no end. I think I'll have to go over to Whole Foods Market this evening and sneak some "You're a dumbass!" signs onto their homeopathic remedies display...

Oooo, wait... even better idea. I need some custom labels printed. After all, why dick around with just the homeopaths. Might as well include the vegans and Fair Trade weasels, too!

Imagine these labels slapped on some hippie goods:

CONTAINS 10% VEAL

SHIPPING COURTESY OF CONFLICT DIAMONDS

CONTAINS HEAD OF JUAN VALDEZ

ORGANIC TOOTHBRUSH: 100% PURE BABY SEAL WHISKERS!!

WE PROUDLY USE EXXON PRODUCTS

IMITATION TOFU: MADE WITH LLAMA LLARD

BIRKENSTOCKS: A DIVISION OF HALLIBURTON