Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sick Day

Beware The Shrimp Salad! It Makes Your Colon Go "Moooo!"

Well, I've gone 1314 calendar days without a sick day at work until today. Truth be told, I could probably have made it through the day without blowing chunks out of either end, but I just wasn't up to dealing with it.

I don't get sick all that often, and for perfect attendance during the year, you get three extra vacation days. So, even when I was better off staying in bed, instead of losing those bonus days I'd schlep into work and hole up in my office as to not spread my noxious germs everywhere.

Today, I just didn't give a damn. I'm sitting on hundreds of sick hours that were going unused, and that you can't cash in when you retire. I can't remember if you drop to 2 or 1 bonus days for one absence, but I'm thinking that 4 or 5 "sick" days scattered throughout the year accomplishes pretty much the same thing. Space 'em far enough apart, and maybe no one notices I mostly get sick on Mondays...

The downside is, I really don't feel up to going out for a movie later this evening...