Baboon Pirates

Scribbles and Scrawls from an unrepentant swashbuckling primate.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Wrapped In Plastic

Paint Fumes: An Acceptable Bourbon Substitute?

I really dislike home remodeling. Since the kitchen's mostly complete, attention has now turned to the bedrooms. I came home Thursday night to find the computer room stripped of carpet, the electrical outlets pulled & taped over, and the modem, router, & my computer shoved aside & completely enveloped in plastic.

So, no online access for a day or so. I used the wireless card on the laptop to sniff out an unprotected network somewhere on this block, but I didn't want to leave any obvious trails, so no links to my ISP's mail server or any blog or Facebook time.

Carlos the Unreliable, our intrepid contractor, hasn't shown up this morning to finish priming the walls, so I snuck in, peeled back the plastic and will do as much surfing as I can before the paint fumes drive me out!

Carlos was supposed to build bookshelves yesterday, but apparently the money for the lumber got spent on something else, probably the wall texture stuff, or the paint. I'll be glad when Housemate #1 gets back from Dallas and resumes labor negotiations. I don't have the patience or inclination. My Spanish is improving, though...